WhiteDog is seeking an Information Security Analyst to join our Security Operations Center team. The Analyst will help coordinate and report on cyber incidents impacting SOC-as-a-Service customers. This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations, which may necessitate extended hours of work.
- Onsite Location: Santa Clara, CA (no remote available)
- Employment Type: Full-Time, hourly
- Compensation: $23-$28/hour
- Responsible for working in a 24x7 Security Operation Center (SOC) in person. (Hours - 7:00pm-7:00am PT)
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices.
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities.
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
- Ability to work and be available for on-call activities
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in security device management and SIEM.
- Knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc.
- Knowledge of various operating system flavors including but not limited to Windows, Linux, Unix.
- Knowledge of applications, databases, middleware to address security threats against the same.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
The successful candidate will possess the personality traits, work habits, communication, and social skills necessary to work effectively within a dynamic and highly operational environment. This person will have exemplary personal and professional integrity and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. In addition, the qualified candidate will have a strong desire to succeed in a nationally and internationally recognized operational environment.
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge.
- You must be a US Citizen
- 1-3 years’ experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent knowledge.
- Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Penetration Tester (CWAPT)
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
WhiteDog offers a competitive compensation plan with great earning potential. Our benefits include medical coverage, dental coverage, disability, life insurance, 401K and an amazing work environment!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability status. EOE AA M/ F/Vet/Disabled